University Village

The University Village was originally constructed in the 1950’s and is underlain by a peat layer above a silty/sand layer with a water table 1-ft below existing grade. As part of a seismic upgrade for the village, micropiles were selected to support the reaction frame to the limited access.

Due to the complexity of the project, Condon-Johnson was contracted to install 96 ea. limited access micropiles inside the shopping village. The micropiles were located inside four separate stores at the shopping village and had a very limited staging room consisting of 7 parking spots. Additionally, the entire shopping center had to remain open to the public for the full duration of the project, Condon-Johnson was to not interfere with any of the stores schedules, and all of the work had to be performed between the hours of 10pm to 10am.